Monday, December 3, 2007

I'm never reading again.

Ok, so that's not true. But I just got a new HDTV from a coworker. And it rocks. We're not even watching HD movies or anything, it's just such an upgrade from our last 19" TV. The sound alone is worth the upgrade. We gave the new TV a test run with the last scene from Hot Fuzz. What a good choice, I heard sound effects I'd never heard before, and it looked gorgeous too. Then, we watched Planet Earth...again, splendid. Then, I watched Minority Report. Then, we watched Drop Dead Gorgeous.


Needless to say, I love watching movies on this thing. I really want to burn through the movies I own that I have yet to watch. Because I'm a huge nerd, here is a list of my ten favorite Criterion Collection films (after reading through this same feature on their site, I couldn't resist):
1. In the Mood for Love
2. Le Samourai

3. Battle of Algiers

4. Playtime

5. La Haine
6. The Third Man

7. Man Bites Dog

8. Hoop Dreams
9. The Royal Tenenbaums

10. Faces

No comments: